Working with March of the Living delegation leaders, we have curated a customized Safe Travels Voyager Wanderwell plan, one of the most comprehensive and modern Travel Protection style plans available.
Before you purchase, please thoroughly read the FAQ topics below.
*To quote & purchase a plan, click on the name of the delegation you are traveling with.
|BJE Los Angeles||Boca Raton||Broward County|
|Cincinnati||Miami-CAJE||Northeast - NE, NJ, NY, PA|
|Southern Region||Western Region|
Adult & Grad School Delegations
|Adat Ari El||Boca Raton||Broward County|
|Chicago School of Professional Psychology||Int'l Adult Delegation||Holocaust Museum LA|
|Sinai Temple - LA||Voices of Hope|
Frequently Asked Questions...
This is a living, evolving document that gets updated often to be up-to-date. After reading through this page, if you still have questions, click here to submit a support request and a member of our Support Team will respond to you within 24 hours.
The Safe Travels Voyager Wanderwell Travel Protection Plan is designed and enhanced to provide benefits for...
- Trip Cancellation (up to 100% of insured trip costs) if You cancel Your Trip due to covered reasons listed in policy certificate that are Unforeseen and takes place after Your Effective Date.
- Trip Interruption (up to 150% of insured trip costs) if You interrupt Your Trip after Your departure or if You join Your Trip after Your Scheduled Departure Date due to any of the covered reasons listed in policy certificate that are Unforeseen reasons that occur while this coverage is in effect for You.
- Trip Delay benefit of $4,000 ($300/day) to reimburse for Covered Trip Delay Expenses if you are delayed, while coverage is in effect, en route to or from the Trip for six (6) or more hours due to a defined Hazard (see sample certificate - linked below - for list of defined Hazards).
- For COVID-19 quarantine - The Trip Delay benefit extends to accommodations and lodging due to quarantine if the insured traveler tests positive for COVID-19 and is unable to return home on the intended flight due to being in quarantine. *This benefit will extend to an adult chaperone to remain behind with the quarantining participants who are minors.
Baggage & Personal Effects
Travel Medical Expenses ($250,000 Medical Maximum, Primary Coverage)
Pre-Existing Conditions Exclusion Waiver is included if the insurance policy is purchased Prior to, or on the day that the Final Major Trip Payment is made
Emergency Medical Evacuation
Option to upgrade to Cancellation for Any Reason (CFAR) *eligibility requirements apply
click here to view the plan brochure
click here to view the policy certificate
The Safe Travels Voyager Travel Protection plan is underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and administered by Trawick International
After reading through all of the FAQ, if you still have questions and need assistance, we are happy to help.
We do not have a call center for Sales, but we are quite swift in replying to emails and then scheduling calls so we can have a dedicated focused conversation with you.
Please CLICK HERE to complete our Contact form and one of our agents will be in touch with you shortly. Make sure to include your questions when completing the form.
Any Loss caused by or resulting from War or any act of war whether declared or not, is excluded in this policy - not listed as a covered reason for a Trip Cancellation claim.
A Terrorist Incident may be covered. Click here to refer to your state-specific policy certificate for details.
These plans treat COVID-19 the same as any other sickness for any sickness related losses while you are covered. *Please review your specific plan for the details and limits of such coverage. *Timing of your purchase is a big factor in impacting your coverage.When you purchase and maintain a Trip Protection style plan...
- If you become ill with COVID-19 prior to your departure and after the effective date of your plan, you may be eligible for Trip Cancellation coverage. These claims will usually require a confirmed diagnosis from a physician with proof of illness that states you are medically unable to travel at the time of departure or evidence that you are subject to Quarantine.
- Have a copy of the COVID-positive lab or technician-certified test which includes the patient’s name, the date of the test and the date of the test results.
Have a Physician Statement and advice that you cannot travel due to your illness. A section relating to this is also on the claim form, and must be completed in its entirety.
- Have a copy of the COVID-positive lab or technician-certified test which includes the patient’s name, the date of the test and the date of the test results.
- If you become ill with COVID-19 while on your trip you may be covered for Medical Expense, Emergency Evacuation, Trip Interruption, and/or Trip Delay benefits with a confirmed diagnosis, including proof of illness and inability to travel from a doctor, or evidence that you are subject to Quarantine.
- You WILL NOT have benefits for Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption if you are prevented from traveling due to travel restrictions related to COVID-19 as a pandemic, or fear of travel due to COVID-19. COVID-19, as a pandemic, is considered a "known event". Any trip cancellation or trip interruption claims related to travel restrictions as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic (ie vaccine mandates, border closures, travel bans, worker shortages) or fear of travel due to COVID-19 will not be payable.
- A travel supplier canceling an event on your trip is not listed as a covered reason for Trip Cancellation or Trip Interruption.
- The CDC or State Department upgrading a travel advisory to Level 4 is not listed as a covered reason for canceling your trip.
- Any Loss caused by or resulting from war or any act of war whether declared or not, is excluded in these plans.
One thing that's certain is the unpredictability of travel for you or even a non-traveling family member. Travel can have inherent risks. From sickness to hurricane evacuations, or injury while traveling, our travel insurance protects you - and your trip investment - even before you leave.
Cancellation/Interruption: Travel insurance can provide peace of mind and protect you from certain financial losses that can occur while traveling. For example, if you have to cancel your entire trip for a covered reason, or interrupt your trip and cancel portions of it due to a covered reason, trip cancellation/interruption benefits can reimburse you for your prepaid, nonrefundable trip costs (up to the limits on your plan's schedule of benefits).
Trip Delay: Travel insurance also can reimburse you for losses caused by a covered travel delay. See the Trip Delay box in this page for more detailed information.
Medical Expenses: Travel insurance also can reimburse or even pay directly for eligible medical expenses in the case of a covered medical or dental emergency.
Baggage & Personal Effects: If your baggage and personal effects are lost, stolen, or damaged during covered trip, plan benefits can reimburse you for the loss. Reimburse you for losses caused by a covered baggage delay.
Emergency Evacuation & Repatriation: Travel insurance can provide coverage for Emergency Evacuation expenses, and even assistance with arranging the evacuation, if an Accidental Injury or Sickness commencing during the course of the Trip results in Your necessary Emergency Evacuation.
Other Benefits: Travel insurance can provide reimbursement for missed connection fees, Airline Ticket Exchange Fee, Repatriation of Remains, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, protect you from paying for rental car damage or loss, and much more.
The travel retailer/planner who is organizing your experience may require you to purchase and maintain a qualified travel insurance policy for the duration of your trip.
Americans are beginning to travel abroad again for leisure, business, study abroad and missionary work. Given recent epidemics, natural disasters, and security threats in countries all around the globe - coupled with common medical issues - travelers have plenty of reasons to make sure their health and safety are fully insured prior to trip departure.
Trip Cost per person is a determining factor in the price of the insurance coverage, as well as the amount of trip cancellation and trip interruption coverage. Calculating the accurate insurable trip cost can seem confusing, but it doesn't have to be.
Nonrefundable costs include prepaid trip payments/deposits that would be made prior to trip departure, and would be lost if you had to cancel the trip for a covered reason.
Some examples can include:
- airline ticket costs
- nonrefundable hotel costs
- vacation rental costs
- campground fees
- rental car fees
- tickets for tours or events
You can include payments that have already been made, as well as payments yet to be made.
*Be sure to consult your travel suppliers to determine which costs are non-refundable for your particular trip, as cancellation policies vary.
Read more about this in our Help Center article - How do I calculate my total nonrefundable trip costs for the travel insurance quote?
The initial deposit date will be the date the first non-refundable payment of any kind is/was made for this trip.
*A refundable Application Fee is NOT considered your initial deposit date unless that fee applies towards your trip costs.
*If your flight was booked prior to making your initial deposit to your delegation, then the date you booked your flight would be considered the initial deposit date.
Insuring your total nonrefundable trip cost will leave you more adequately and appropriately insured.
If you plan to purchase the Cancellation for Any Reason (CFAR) upgrade benefit option then you must insure all prepaid Trip costs that are subject to cancellation penalties or restrictions. This means all nonrefundable trip costs that you plan to pay for prior to your departure for this trip.
*If you are receiving a scholarship/sponsorship towards your trip cost, it is suggested that you insure the total trip cost, including scholarship/sponsorship, so those trip costs and your donor(s)/sponsor(s) expenses are also insured.
There is a Trip Delay benefit of $4,000 ($300/day) to reimburse for Covered Trip Delay Expenses if you are delayed, while coverage is in effect, en route to or from the Trip for six (6) or more hours due to a defined Hazard (refer to your sample certificate - linked here and above - for a list of defined Hazards).
- For COVID-19 quarantine - The Trip Delay benefit includes for accommodations and lodging due to quarantine if the insured traveler tests positive for COVID-19 and is unable to return home on the intended flight due to being in quarantine. *This benefit will extend to an adult chaperone to remain behind with the quarantining participants who are minors.
Home Country is the U.S.
Is traveling outside the U.S. or is traveling away from his/her home and is scheduled to spend at least 24 hours away from his/her home
For children under age 6, must be enrolled with a parent
Initial purchase must be made in the USA prior to departing on trip.
Your travel protection plan and post-departure only style plan covers only people who are named insured in your plan documents - plan purchase confirmation, certificates, ID cards, Visa letters (named in the plan). Family members and/or travel companions are not covered unless they are named in your plan documents.
If you are having a medical emergency and/or you are a victim of a crime, first contact the local authorities/emergency services.
If you have an active travel insurance policy purchased through Wanderwell and are currently abroad and seeking emergency travel assistance, please contact the 24/7 Emergency Travel Assistance Services provider - On Call International - at one of the following numbers.
- TOLL-FREE (within the USA & Canada): 855-464-8974
- COLLECT (outside of the USA & Canada): 603-328-1361
This info can also be found on your plan ID card, which is linked in your plan purchase confirmation email. See below for an example.
This is a sample document.
- Call the claims administrator, CBP/Nationwide Claims, directly at 727-725-7522. Their wait times have been long recently due to the global situations impacting travel. It is best to call right at 8:30am Eastern Time on weekdays.
- You can send them an email to NWTravClaims@cbpinsure.com and CC us at Support@goWanderwell.com
To help the claims administrator audit and process your claim most effectively and efficiently, please take time to gather all the requested claims forms and supporting documentation and information prior to submitting your claim. Please click here to access our Claims Support Center page for helpful instructions and resources.
The generic definition in most of the filed plans that we represent is...
Pre-Existing Condition means an illness, disease, or other condition during the ninety (90) day period immediately prior to the Effective Date of Your Policy for which You, Your Traveling Companion, or a Family Member booked to travel with You:
- exhibited symptoms that would have caused a typical person to seek care or treatment; or
- received or received a recommendation for a test, examination, or medical treatment; or
- took or received a prescription for drugs or medicine.
*Item (3) of this definition does not apply to a condition that is treated or controlled solely through the taking of prescription drugs or medicine and remains treated or controlled without any adjustment or change in the required prescription throughout the ninety (90) day period before the Effective Date of Your Policy.
Related Sample Certificates:Safe Travels Voyager, Safe Travels Journey, Safe Travels Outbound
Yes. Depending on the plan you purchase, the date you made your initial trip payment of any kind for this trip, and the date you made/make the final major pre-departure payment for this trip, you may or may not have missed some of the time-sensitive benefits - one of which is the Pre-Existing Conditions exclusion waiver.
If your plan includes the Pre-Existing Medical Condition Exclusion Waiver, you may be covered for losses due to a pre-existing medical condition if you meet all the following requirements.
The Pre-Existing Conditions Exclusion Waiver is included in the...
- Safe Travels Voyager plan if the plan is purchased Prior to, or on the day that the Final Trip Payment is made.
- Safe Travels Journey plan if the plan is purchased within 14 Days of initial trip payment of any kind (*Day 1 of 14 is the day the initial trip payment is made.)
The Safe Travels Outbound plan has limited coverage for Pre-Existing Conditions, as defined in the Definitions section.
These travel protection plans do not cover losses resulting from normal pregnancy or childbirth. See the policy certificate for specific coverages, limitations, and exclusions.
Although normal pregnancy and childbirth are not listed as covered reasons for Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption, unforeseen Complications of Pregnancy may be a covered reason for trip cancellation or trip interruption. See the policy certificate or sample policy certificate for lists of conditions considered Complications of Pregnancy.
Related Sample Certificates: Safe Travels Voyager, Safe Travels Journey, Safe Travels Outbound
Before traveling outside of the USA, we encourage you to inquire with your health insurance provider about whether or not your coverage travels with you. Medicare generally does not offer coverage abroad unless you have the appropriate Medicare supplement (see our blog post about this), and hospitals in other countries may require cash payments up front, for which you can file a claim for reimbursement.
Additionally, your health insurance company might not cover a medical evacuation deemed as medically necessary. Refer to this U.S. Department of State travel resources page for an explanation.
Having a comprehensive travel insurance plan with coverage for medical expenses and emergency medical transportation benefits can be extremely helpful and provide an added sense of peace and security for your trip.
Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) upgrade option can be added to the Safe Travels Voyager plan if you meet all of the requirements. Click here to learn more in our Help Center article dedicated to this topic.
When you purchase this added benefit, you can cancel your trip for any reason not otherwise covered. For instance, if you change your mind and decide you no longer want to travel, you are scared to travel, etc.
When adding the Cancellation for Any Reason (CFAR) upgrade option to the Safe Travels Voyager travel insurance plan, If You cancel Your Trip for any reason not otherwise covered by this Policy, the Company will reimburse you for the percentage (up to 75%) of the pre-paid, forfeited, non-refundable Payments or Deposits You paid for Your Trip shown on the Schedule of Benefits provided:
- You purchase with the initial policy and within 21 days of the date of the initial trip payment/deposit of any kind for the insured trip (*Day 1 of 21 is the day you make your initial trip payment/deposit of any kind for the insured trip),
- You insure all prepaid Trip costs that are subject to cancellation penalties or restrictions,
- You insure within fifteen (15) days of the payment for those arrangements, the cost of any subsequent arrangements (or any other arrangements not made through your travel agent) added before your trip.
- Cancel Your entire Trip two (2) days or more before your scheduled departure date.
*The Cancellation for Any Reason upgrade option is not available to residents of NY or WA.
*We do not offer the Cancellation for Any Reason upgrade if you are within seven (7) days or less from your departure date.
Our Support Team can help to you change your change your plan coverage to reflect your updated trip details as long as you have not already departed on your trip or filed a claim.
Please email our Support Team at Support@goWanderwell.com and include “Date Change Request” and your Certificate number in the subject line of the email. Please include your plan number on all documents.
This info can be found in your plan purchase confirmation and on your plan ID card, which is linked in your plan purchase confirmation email. See below for an example.
*Note that if your insured trip cost or travel dates change, you may be required to pay additional plan cost to your travel protection plan - which you can authorize with our Support Team.
*If your trip is extended due to a covered travel delay, trip interruption, medical emergency or another covered reason, you will not be required to request a change to your coverage dates. The plan will extend your coverage effective period until either the date you are able to return home, to your point of origin, or until you arrive at a medical facility for further treatment or care following a medical repatriation or trip interruption.
This is a sample document.
For a full refund of your plan cost for a Trip Protection style plan, you must cancel within 10 days of your plan purchase (depending on your state of residence) - day 1 of 10 being the date you made your plan purchase - and must not have filed a claim or departed on your trip. Plan costs are non-refundable after this period. *Plan costs for Post-Departure only style plans do not have a review period.
Please email our Support Team at Support@goWanderwell.com and include “Cancel My Plan” and your Certificate number in the subject line of the email. Please include your plan number on all documents.
In the coverage, there are MANY covered reasons/perils for Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption. However, if the travel retailer/supplier has canceled the event and your package, it is not listed as a covered reason/peril for a Trip Cancellation or Trip Interruption claim.
If the travel retailer is refunding the payments you made for your package, you would not be able to claim those funds anyway, as they are not forfeited funds.
Please refer to your plan certificate for specific details. The lists of covered reasons for the Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption can be found in those relevant sections on your plan certificate, which is linked in your plan purchase confirmation.
Many airlines are being more flexible with issuing credits for future travel, and in some cases, refunds. We encourage you to check with your airline.
*If you still have questions, click here to submit a support request and a member of our Support Team will respond to you within 24 hours.