The Safe Travels Outbound is a "post-departure only" style plan designed for those who are looking for the highest available benefit limits to protect you after you have your trip.
The Safe Travels Outbound plan has very comprehensive Travel Medical coverage, Emergency Medical Evacuation benefits, and actually has some limited coverage for Trip interruption and Baggage & Personal Effects, as well. It includes the Trip Delay benefit of $2,000 that covers accommodations and lodging due to quarantine. *This plan does not include Trip Cancellation coverage, but it does include Trip Interruption coverage limited to the return flight only.
Safe Travels Outbound Highlights (link to brochure)
- Comprehensive Coverage for Travel Medical Expenses
- Valid for US Residents and US Citizens
- Up to $250,000 in Emergency Medical Coverage
- $500,000 of Emergency Evacuation Coverage
- Primary Medical Coverage
- COVID-19 treated the same as any other sickness for a sickness-related loss.
- Baggage Coverage $1,000 | Per Article Limit $250 | Combined Article (see list) $500
- Baggage Delay $200 (24 hours or more)
- Trip Delay benefit includes minimum coverage of $2,000 for potential accommodations/lodging expenses
- Optional Travel Delay Increases up to $7,000
- Optional upgrades for additional coverage for Accidental Death & Dismemberment
The Safe Travels Outbound plan is Underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and Administered by Trawick International