The Safe Travels International is a "post-departure only" style plan designed for Non-USA Citizens while traveling outside their Home Country who are looking for the highest available benefit limits to protect you after you have your trip.
The Safe Travels International is a very comprehensive post-departure travel insurance plan that includes: Emergency Medical Expense benefit, Emergency Medical Evacuation benefit, and even some limited coverage for Trip interruption and Baggage & Personal Effects, as well. It includes the Trip Delay benefit of $2,000 that covers accommodations and lodging due to quarantine.
*This plan does not include Trip Cancellation coverage, but it does include Trip Interruption coverage limited to the return flight only.
*This policy IS NOT valid for travel from, in, or to the United States of America or if you are living in your destination.
Frequently Asked Questions...
This is a living, evolving document that gets updated often to be up-to-date. After reading through this page, if you still have questions, click here to submit a support request and a member of our Support Team will respond to you within 24 hours.
- Comprehensive Coverage for Travel Medical Expenses
- Valid for Non-USA Citizens while traveling outside their Home Country
- *This policy IS NOT valid for travel from, in, or to the United States of America or if you are living in your destination.
- Up to $500,000 in Emergency Medical Coverage
- $500,000 of Emergency Evacuation Coverage
- COVID-19 treated the same as any other sickness for a sickness-related loss.
- Lost Baggage Coverage $1,000
- Trip Delay benefit includes minimum coverage of $2,000 for potential accommodations/lodging expenses
- Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-Existing Condition: For ages up to and including 64 the Maximum is $20,000 per Period of Coverage. Upon attaining age 65 the benefit will be reduced to a Maximum of $10,000.
- Sports Activity Coverage for Coverage for injuries incurred during Amateur, Club, Intramural, Interscholastic, Intercollegiate activities:
- Included - Class 1 = Archery, Tennis, Swimming, Cross Country, Track, Volleyball and Golf
- Optional upgrade - Class 2 = Ballet, Basketball, Cheerleading, Equestrian, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football (no division 1) Gymnastics, Hockey, Karate, Lacrosse, Polo Rowing, Rugby and Soccer.
- *Professional and Semi Professional Sports are always excluded.
- Optional Travel Delay Increases up to $7,000
- Optional upgrades for additional coverage for Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- link to brochure | link to sample policy certificate
The Safe Travels International plan is Underwritten by Crum & Forster SPC and Administered by Trawick International
After reading through all of the FAQ, if you still have questions and need assistance, we are happy to help.
We do not have a call center for Sales, but we are quite swift in replying to emails and then scheduling calls so we can have a dedicated focused conversation with you.
Please CLICK HERE to complete our Contact form and one of our agents will be in touch with you shortly. Make sure to include your questions when completing the form.
At this time, there is no coverage in Ukraine, Belarus, or Russia.
These plans treat COVID-19 the same as any other sickness for any sickness related losses while you are covered. *Please review your specific plan for the details and limits of such coverage.
There is a Trip Delay benefit to reimburse for Covered Trip Delay Expenses if you are delayed, while coverage is in effect, en route to or from the Trip for twelve (12) or more hours due to a defined Hazard (refer to your sample certificate - linked here and above - for a list of defined Hazards).
- For COVID-19 quarantine - The Trip Delay benefit includes for accommodations and lodging due to quarantine if the insured traveler tests positive for COVID-19 and is unable to return home on the intended flight due to being in quarantine.
- Non-USA Citizens while traveling outside their Home Country
This policy IS NOT valid for travel from, in, or to the United States of America or if you are living in your destination.
Is traveling outside the U.S. or is traveling away from his/her home and is scheduled to spend at least 24 hours away from his/her home
For children under age 6, must be enrolled with a parent
Your travel insurance policy is designed to cover only people who are named insured in your plan documents - plan purchase confirmation, certificates, ID cards, Visa letters (named in the plan). Family members and/or travel companions are not covered unless they are named in your plan documents.
If you are having a medical emergency and/or you are a victim of a crime, first contact the local authorities/emergency services.
If you have an active travel insurance policy purchased through Wanderwell and are currently abroad and seeking emergency travel assistance, please contact the 24/7 Emergency Travel Assistance Services provider - On Call International - at one of the following numbers.
- TOLL-FREE: 888-699-1401
- DIRECT: 603-952-2075
This info can also be found on your plan ID card, which is linked in your plan purchase confirmation email. See below for an example.
This is a sample document.
- Call the claims administrator, CBP/Nationwide Claims, directly at 251-928-0939n. Their wait times have been long recently due to the global situations impacting travel. It is best to call right at 8:30am Eastern Time on weekdays.
- You can send them an email to Trawickclaims@cbpinsure.com and CC us at Support@goWanderwell.com
To help the claims administrator audit and process your claim most effectively and efficiently, please take time to gather all the requested claims forms and supporting documentation and information prior to submitting your claim. Please click here to access our Claims Support Center page for helpful instructions and resources.
The generic definition in most of the filed plans that we represent is...
Pre-Existing Condition” means any medical condition, Sickness, Injury, Illness, disease, mental Illness or mental nervous disorder, for which medical advice, diagnosis, care or Treatment was recommended or received or for which a reasonably prudent person would have sought Treatment during the 36-month period immediately preceding the Effective Date of Coverage under this Policy.
UNEXPECTED RECURRENCE OF A PRE-EXISTING CONDITION: For ages up to and including 64 the Maximum is $20,000 per Period of Coverage. Upon attaining age 65 the benefit will be reduced to a Maximum of $10,000.
- Benefits are payable for an Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-Existing Condition up to the maximum as stated in the Schedule of Benefits provided the condition or event: 1. occurs spontaneously and without advance warning either in the form of Physician recommendations or symptoms, is of short duration, is rapidly progressive, and requires urgent and immediate medical care; 2. occurs a minimum of 48 hours after the Effective Date of the Policy; and 3. treatment is obtained within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence.
These travel protection plans do not cover losses resulting from normal pregnancy or childbirth. See the policy certificate for specific coverages, limitations, and exclusions.
Although normal pregnancy and childbirth are not listed as covered reasons for Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption, unforeseen Complications of Pregnancy may be a covered reason for trip cancellation or trip interruption. See the policy certificate or sample policy certificate for lists of conditions considered Complications of Pregnancy.
Our Support Team can help to you change your change your plan coverage to reflect your updated trip details as long as you have not already departed on your trip or filed a claim.
Please click here to submit a contact request with our Support Team, or email us at Support@goWanderwell.com and include “Date Change Request” and your Certificate number in the subject line of the email. Please include your plan number on all documents.
This info can be found in your plan purchase confirmation and on your plan ID card, which is linked in your plan purchase confirmation email. See below for an example.
*Note that if your insured trip cost or travel dates change, you may be required to pay additional plan cost to your travel protection plan - which you can authorize with our Support Team.
*If your trip is extended due to a covered travel delay, trip interruption, medical emergency or another covered reason, you will not be required to request a change to your coverage dates. The plan will extend your coverage effective period until either the date you are able to return home, to your point of origin, or until you arrive at a medical facility for further treatment or care following a medical repatriation or trip interruption.
This is a sample document.
For a full refund of your plan cost for a Trip Protection style plan, you must cancel within 10 days of your plan purchase (depending on your state of residence) - day 1 of 10 being the date you made your plan purchase - and must not have filed a claim or departed on your trip. Plan costs are non-refundable after this period. *Plan costs for Post-Departure only style plans do not have a review period.
Please email our Support Team at Support@goWanderwell.com and include “Cancel My Plan” and your Certificate number in the subject line of the email. Please include your plan number on all documents.